When requesting a quotation for stage and theatre curtains it can sometimes be confusing, we have shown some tips to help you. Check out The Journey
Front of House curtains required for fitting to the existing track we have listed information so that we can prepare a meaningful quotation for your stage and theatre curtains.
- Width of track in centimetres
- If there is crossover in the centre of the track – this allows for the curtain to overlap to stop any gaps in the centre when the curtains are closed.
- Height of track from the bottom of the track to floor – take several measurements to obtain a media, this will allow for uneven floors, for floors that are really uneven then we make the base of the curtain “puddled” rather than trying to align the curtain.
- Most important is the make of the track and type of existing hooks – if unknown then no problem just let us have an image.
- Please advice if the measurements are accurate or approximate
- Type of curtain fabric
- Would you require a valance
- We will include appropriate fullness
Front of House curtains requiring a track we have listed information so that we can prepare a meaningful quotation for your stage and theatre curtains.
- Width of the stage opening as viewed by the audience.
- Total width of the stage.
- We will add a crossover in the centre of the track – this allows for the curtain to overlap to stop any gaps in the centre when the curtains are closed.
- The desired height of track from location to floor
- Please advise if the measurements are accurate or approximate.
- Type of fabric.
- Would you require a valance
- We will include appropriate fullness.
In both the above situations we would be in a position to provide a quotation. The above is intended for customers who require a quick or ballpark price. We strongly advise that no work is requested without us carrying out a site survey or seeking our advice.
Should you feel that our quotation is within your budget then we would be please to carry out a full survey at the same time providing a sample of the fabric.
- Track width 1000 cm wide
- Hight from track bottom to floor 450 cm
- Stage opening width 800 cm
Our Quotation would be shown as:
2 Front of House curtains each curtain 500cm wide x 450cm drop (height) | Fabric would be Velvet Velour in Midnight blue | Standard snap hooks | Weighted base | Curtain will be made with 30% Fullness | This curtain is unlined
6 Legs would be required in this example each would be 150 cm wide x 450cm drop | Fitted with tie tapes | Fabric would be Black Bolton Twill | No fullness | Normally fitted to swivel tubes, allowing for legs to be on an angle or swivelled so that they make one curtain.
3 Borders each border 1000cm wide with a drop of 150cm | Fitted with tie tapes | Fabric would be in Black Wool Serge | Finished to the fullness of 30% | fitted with tie tapes | Assumed suitable structure
1 Cyclorama 1000cm wide x 450cm drop | Made from white cotton canvas | This curtain would be seamless | Fitted with tie tapes | Made flat
1 Backdrop 1000cm wide x 450cm drop | Made from white sharkstooth gauze | Made flat | Fitted with tie tapes | Assumed suitable structure